Comms/Advocacy Internship

Hey y’all!

Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve posted- my account keeps locking me out. In fact, this is my second time today writing this very post… which I’m hoping and praying will publish this time.

I’ve been working 8 am or 8:30 am to 5 or 6 pm every day and eating my lunches at my desk. Working in comms is crazy. I was originally assigned to two accounts, which means that I do work and go to meetings for two accounts. I love going to meetings because I get to find out the “why” behind the work I do, which is really important for me motivationally. The people I work with are really wonderful and very accomplished in their fields- they come from all over, comms wise.

I also have been lucky enough to be designated the comms/advocacy crossover intern. I think I want to work in Advocacy after graduation, so this is wonderful. I got assigned to a third account which is more policy-focused, and I’m learning so much from working on the account. It’s definitely a little crazy trying to get all three account’s deliverables out the door, but it’s also really good to always be busy.

Being in DC is amazing. I have been able to meet many of my favorite Tulane alumni, hang out with some of my friends from school, and go to networking events up the wazoo. I recently spoke at the Pew Center about sexual assault, and now I am meeting up with a lot of people in town who work on the same issues. Tonight, in fact, I’m meeting with some people from the It’s On Us campaign (which you may recognize from campus!). I’m very excited to be surrounded by other people trying to make change.

Anyways, that’s all for now. I’m again sorry for my lateness in posting- tech doesn’t always comply, if you’ve noticed.

Thank you,

Court