Asia Bradlee: Midpoint at Boston Magazine

I can’t believe that my internship is already halfway over…this summer has gone by so quickly! So far at my internship I have learned more about my writing and future career than I have in any time that I’ve been at school.

I see the evolution of my writing through every published every article that I write. My progress is measured by the corrections my boss makes to my articles and how I’ve gotten to work on more intense and important projects as my internship has progressed. I’ve been very lucky to not only be doing digital journalism, but II’m currently working on research for a print article that will be published in September, which will give me print and research credit to add to my resume.

I’m extremely proud of the fact that I got to create, photograph, and publish my original avocado toast recipes, all with the support of my boss. It’s a refreshing change of pace to be treated like an adult in a work environment—I’m not constantly supervised and my supervisor trusts me enough to make decisions for my articles and research on my own. If you want to check it out, here it is! http://www.bostonmagazine.com/health/blog/2015/05/22/avocado-toast-recipes/

I’m excited to see how my writing skills continue to evolve and to further my knowledge about journalism. This internship has made me realize that writing is really a passion a mine; and I’m lucky enough to combine it with my other favorite topic: health. I’m looking forward to making the most of these last few weeks of my internship.